Last updated: May 25, 2018
- What personal information we collect and how we use it
- Who we share this information with
- How we use your data in marketing materials
- How we use your data in advertising
- How we store your information
- Where to direct your questions and concerns about this policy
- What will happen if we make changes to this page
How we use your information:
We use your information in a number of different ways! Below you will be able to see exactly how we use the information we collect:
How we use your contact details and why.
We use your contact details to:
Help us fulfil your orders - We need to use this information to complete your order we require certain information so that it reaches you safely and securely.
Send you updates about your order via email - This helps us keep you up to date on your order and fulfil your contract successfully.
Send you information via email - We only do this with your permission to help keep you up to date on sales, launches and discounts.
Prevent fraudulent orders against you and us - This helps keep and you safe!
Finding out what you like and hearing your feedback - This helps us ensure that we’re giving you what you want from The Underwear Boutique.
We use your payment information to:
Take payment and give refunds - This helps us fulfil your order and contract with us
Prevent fraudulent orders - We might ask you to confirm some of your payment details to make sure that no one is using your card information without you knowing!
We use information on your past orders to:
Provide customer service - We need to know what you’ve ordered and when so that we can refund, exchange or return items and fulfil our contract with you.
We use information about your laptop, desktop or phone to:
Help improve our website - This helps us make sure you’re seeing what we do in the best way that is suited to you.
We use your responses to competitions and promotions to:
Deliver the prize to the winner - If we don’t know who you are, we aren’t able to provide you with the prize and complete the contract with you.
If you chose to not consent to giving us any of the information above, you may be unable to buy from The Underwear Boutique website.
Sharing your information
We do not sell any of your personal data to any third party. We do however have to share your data with some other companies in order to ensure the best possible service:
- Companies that assist us in getting your orders to you such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers and delivery companies
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention companies so that we can tackle fraud.
- Marketing agencies and service providers such as Mailchimp that assist us in delivering our marketing strategy.
- Companies approved by you, such as Shopify Payments powered by Stripe or Paypal should you chose to use their payment services.
If you have given us permission, we’ll send you marketing by email to keep you up to date on the goings on at The Underwear Boutique.
To stop marketing from The Underwear Boutique:
1. Click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on the bottom of any marketing email you receive from us
2. Contact Customer Service at email@example.com
If you do either of the above, we will update your preferences so that you do not receive any further marketing from us.
At The Underwear Boutique we use online and social advertising to keep you aware of any new launches and products. We target ads to you when you are on other websites and apps by using a variety of digital marketing networks and advertising platforms using cookies, pixels and ad tags as well as specific services offered by some sites such as Facebook.
The ads you see will be based on information gathered about you from your previous searches, browsing and orders whilst on The Underwear Boutique website.
Storing your information
We’ll hold onto your information for as long as is needed to provide you with our service. If necessary we will hold onto your information after you have closed your account in order to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve cases of fraud or abuse or enforce our terms and conditions.
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we may have handled any privacy matter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to our policy